Check out our latest activity guide for local activities, trips, classes and more.
Activity Guides are published in March, August, and November.
See past activity guides.
Summer Bandstand Entertainment at Gypsy Hill Park
- Stonewall Brigade Band Schedule
- Praise in the Park Schedule
- Wednesday Night Bluegrass Schedule
- Jazz in the Park Schedule
- Family Night Flix & Music
All Upcoming Events:
Juneteenth Celebration at Montgomery Hall Park
- Date: 06/20/2020 11:00 AM - 6:00 PM
- Location: Montgomery Hall
1000 Montgomery Ave
Staunton, Virginia 24401
- Introduction: The Staunton Education Foundation, Inc will host the third annual Juneteenth Celebration at Montgomery Hall Park on June 29, 2019 in collaboration with the Shenandoah Valley Juneteenth Celebration Committee.
Juneteenth is the oldest known celebration of the ending of slavery. Dating back to 1865, this historical date commemorates June 19 when Union soldiers led by General Gordon Grainger arrived in Galveston, Texas to announce that the Civil War had ended and that all slaves were free. This was two and a half years after President Lincoln had issued the Emancipation Proclamation. Juneteenth celebrates African American freedom and a respect for all cultures and their history. This event will have a variety of activities for everyone to include: children’s activity area, live entertainment, food, vendors, music, information booths, voter registration, raffles, health screenings, fun, fellowship, and networking. For more information, please contact Chairperson Sheila Ahmadi