City Schedules for the Holidays
DECEMBER 13, 2018 — The City of Staunton will operate on the following schedules during the upcoming holidays:
Administrative Office Hours
The City will close administrative offices on the following dates in observance of Christmas Day and New Year’s Day:
- Monday, Dec. 24 and Tuesday, Dec. 25. City offices will reopen at 8 a.m., Wednesday, Dec. 26.
- Monday, Dec. 31 and Tuesday, Jan. 1. City offices will reopen at 8 a.m., Wednesday, Jan. 2.
Trash & Recycling Collection
- Christmas Schedule: Those who receive trash collection on Monday and Tuesday will instead receive trash collection on Wednesday, Dec. 26. The City will not collect items for recycling on those days but will resume a normal schedule the following week.
- New Year’s Schedule: Trash and recycling collection will remain on schedule on New Year’s Eve, Monday, Dec. 31. Those who receive trash and recycling collection on Tuesday will instead receive pickup on Wednesday, Jan. 2.
- Downtown Central Business District (CBD): The City will collect trash from CBD customers on Wednesdays, Dec. 26 and Jan. 2. Saturday collections will continue as scheduled.
Christmas Tree Pickup
The City will collect discarded Christmas trees on Wednesday, Jan. 9. Residents should place trees at the curb by 7 a.m. that day.
The Staunton Public Library will be operating on the following schedule:
- Closed Dec. 24, 25, 31 and Jan. 1.
- Online resources will be available, and the outdoor book drop will be open for returns.
For more information on trash and recycling schedules, contact Public Works at 540.332.3892.
For more information about the Staunton Public Library, call 540.332.3902.