City Schedules for the Holidays
DECEMBER 4, 2019 — The City of Staunton will operate on the following schedules during the upcoming holidays:
Administrative Office Hours
The City will close administrative offices on the following dates in observance of Christmas Day and New Year’s Day:
- Tuesday, Dec. 24 and Wednesday, Dec. 25. City offices will reopen at 8 a.m., Thursday, Dec. 26.
- Wednesday, Jan. 1. City offices will reopen at 8 a.m., Thursday, Jan. 2.
Trash & Recycling Collection
- Christmas Schedule: Those who would normally receive trash collection on Dec. 24 will instead receive trash collection on Dec. 26. The City will not collect items for recycling on those days but will resume a normal schedule the following week.
- New Year’s Schedule: Trash and recycled items will be collected as regularly scheduled during New Year’s week.
- Downtown Central Business District (CBD): The City will not pick up trash from CBD customers on Dec. 24 and 25. Trash and recycling collection will be on a regular schedule for New Year’s week. Saturday collections will continue as scheduled during the holiday season.
Christmas Tree Pickup
The City will collect discarded Christmas trees on Wednesday, Jan. 8. Residents should place trees at the curb by 7 a.m. that day. The trees will be recycled and used as mulch at the Augusta Regional Landfill.
The Staunton Public Library will be operating on the following schedule:
- Closed Dec. 24, 25 and Jan. 1. The library will close at 5 p.m. on Dec. 31.
- Online resources will be available, and the outdoor book drop will be open for returns.
For more information on trash and recycling schedules, contact Public Works at 540.332.3892.
For more information about the Staunton Public Library, call 540.332.3902.