Apply to Serve on a City Board, Commission or Committee
DECEMBER 20, 2017 — Staunton City Council is seeking applicants to fill vacancies on the following boards, commissions or committees:
- Bicycle and Pedestrian Advisory Committee: Advises the City Council, City Manager and all departments and offices of the City on the impact that City actions may have on bicycling or walking.
- Planning Commission: Reviews all applications for special use permits and studies all proposed amendments to the Staunton City Code.
- Social Services Advisory Board: Regional board composed of representatives from Staunton, Waynesboro and Augusta County who are attentive to all matters concerning the social welfare of the people of their locality.
- Staunton Redevelopment and Housing Authority: Oversees public housing assistance for low-income individuals.
- Youth Commission: Provides opportunities for positive youth development and works to reduce juvenile delinquency.
Interested residents may apply online.
For more information, contact Faith Simmons, Clerk of Council, at 540.332.3810 or send her an email.