New Applicants & Renewals
**Please note that if you plan to visit our office, electronic devices such as phones, tablets, computers, etc. are not allowed in the building.**
- Applicants must reside in the City of Staunton.
- Complete the Concealed Handgun Application.
- Provide proof of certification of handgun competency or copy of current concealed handgun permit.
- A $50 filing fee is required upon submission of application and may be made payable by cash, check, money order or credit card.
- All credit card transactions will include a $2.00 surcharge. Checks can be made payable to Clerk of Court.
- All first-time applicants must appear in person with a valid photo I.D.
- Renewal applications may be provided in person or mailed to the Staunton Circuit Court Clerk's Office at 113 E. Beverley Street, Staunton, VA 24401.
- For more information, visit the Virginia State Police website.