Location & Parking
- Located on the 3rd floor of the Cochran Judicial Center at 113 E. Beverley Street, Staunton, VA 24401
- Parking located on New Street
- Handicap access to building located at rear door with call button for entry
- Elevator available
To foster a dignified, professional and safe environment for litigants, visitors and employees of the General District and Circuit Court, in consultation with the law enforcement agencies in charge of court security, order the following dress code:
All parties in matters before the Staunton General District and Circuit Court are required to dress in a respectful and appropriate manner, indicative of the setting and dignity of court proceedings. This includes but is not limited to the following:
- No suggestive attire, low necklines or tank tops will be allowed.
- Shirt tails must be tucked inside of pants.
- No shorts will be allowed, except for children 10 years old or younger.
- No clothing with rips, holes or tears or any vulgar or offensive language or logo will be allowed.
- Shoes must be worn at all times. No bedroom slippers, flip-flops or pool sandals will be allowed.
- The chewing of gum in the courtroom is prohibited.
- Food and drink are not permitted in the courtroom.
- Food and drink are not permitted in the building
- Electronic devices such as phones, tablets, computers, etc. are not permitted in the building
- No weapons of any sort are permitted in the building