COVID-19 Permitting & Inspections Procedures
- Effective 5 p.m., Monday, March 23, 2020, the City of Staunton is closed to the public. To help our residents continue to do business with the city we have provided links below to pertinent information and/or new processes. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out.
- COVID -19 Temporary Building Services Procedures (updated 3/23/20)
Community Development guides the growth and development of the City of Staunton in an effort to enhance the quality of life in our community.
The Department is responsible for reviewing, developing and administering plans that reflect the City’s interest in the preservation of historic resources; protection of the environment; and the provision of efficient design while recognizing the City’s unique and natural features alongside the implementation of public facilities, services, and the effective utilization of the City’s resources.
The Department is composed of three major functional areas that are interdependent and mutually supportive, which include the:
Planning & Zoning provides a wide variety of current and long-range planning services for the community by processing and evaluating applications for land use plans. Staff also develops and supports City policies including the preservation of the City’s historic structures.
- GIS Maps
- Staunton City Code
- Infrastructure Design Standards and Specifications
- Downloadable Maps, CAD Files, and Imagery
- Applications and Brochures
- Boards and Commissions