The City’s erosion and sediment control program is designed to prevent adverse impacts from erosion and sedimentation from all construction sites. The program applies to large sites as well as single family home construction. Below are the initial tasks that must be completed prior to land disturbance.
Commercial Sites and Sites over 10,000 Sq Ft:
- An E&S control plan must be submitted and approved, including payment of fee submission of surety and a completed application for a Land Disturbing Permit.
- A pre-construction meeting must be held to discuss E&S controls and review the plan for your site.
- A City E&S control inspector has to make a site visit and approve the initial controls installed at your site.
- All sites with a total land disturbance equal to or greater than an acre, or with a total land disturbance less than an acre and the site is part of a larger common plan of development are required to obtain a VSMP permit from DEQ. A separate fee paid directly to DEQ is required.
Land Disturbance Permit Fee: $3,000 and a surety of $2,500 per acre
Construction of a Single Family Home or Sites under 10,000 Sq Ft:
- An Agreement in Lieu of a Plan must be completed and signed by the property owner and include payment of fee and submission of surety.
- A pre-construction meeting must be held to discuss E&S controls required for your site.
- A City E&S/VSMP inspector must make a site visit and review and approve your SWPPP (where applicable) and approve the initial controls installed at your site
Agreement In Lieu Of A Plan Fee: $250 and a $2,500 surety
The complete requirements and specifications can be found in Title 13 of the City code.