What can I do to give myself an optimal chance at securing a job with the City of Staunton?
- Ensure your application materials are accurate and complete to the best of your knowledge; this includes your entire employment history.
- Research the job you are applying for and how it relates to your knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Be specific in describing your education, experience, knowledge, skills and abilities.
- List references that can attest to your job-related qualifications.
- Answer all application questions fully and honestly.Omitting or falsifying information that misrepresents your candidacy is prohibited.
What happens after I apply for a position with the City?
The department responsible for hiring will begin the selection process once the vacancy announcement closes. The number of steps involved in a selection process varies by position, but in all cases, the hiring department will schedule interviews with the top candidates and check references and backgrounds of finalists.
What is the City’s employment policy?
It is the policy of the City of Staunton that all employees are employed at the will of the City. Employment with the City is considered at-will so that either party may terminate the relationship at any time with or without a stated reason.
This information nor any other policy or procedure of the City of Staunton should be construed to create a contract of employment for any specified duration. Processes, benefits and conditions of employment contained herein are subject to change without notice.