Basic Computer Skills
- New Computer User Tutorial: Lessons for those who have never used a computer.
- The Typing Cat: Learn touch typing, improve typing speed, and improve typing accuracy with typing courses, a typing test, and typing games.
- Mousercise!: Palm Beach County Library tutorial to practice using a computer mouse.
- DigitalLearn.org: Provides the tools to help you tackle technology at your own pace and gain the confidence you need to succeed.
- GCFLearnFree.org: Provides quality, innovative online learning opportunities to anyone who wants to improve the technology, literacy, and math skills necessary for them to be successful in both work and life.
- Techboomers.com: A free educational website that teaches older adults and other inexperienced Internet users with basic computer skills about websites that can help improve their quality of life.
- Khan Academy: Khan Academy offers practice exercises, instructional videos, and a personalized learning dashboard that empower learners to study at their own pace with topics such as math, science, computer programming, history, art history, economics, and more.
- lynda.com: More than 3,400 courses covering technical skills, creative techniques, business strategies, and more. Requires Staunton Library card and PIN.
- Universal Class: More than 500 courses are available on topics such as Exercise and Fitness, Entrepreneurship, Arts and Music, Home and Garden Care, Cooking, Computers and Technology, Health and Medicine, Homeschooling, Job Assistance, Law and Legal, Parenting and Family, Pet and Animal Care, plus hundreds more. Requires Staunton Library card.
- Driving Tests: DMV practice tests for car, motorcycle, and CDL.
- Rocket Languages: Online instruction in 14 world languages including English and American Sign Language.
Help at the Library
- Book-a-Librarian: Want to schedule a one-on-one appointment for your technology questions? Fill out our Book-a-Librarian form to set up a 15-30 minute session.