The Friends of the Staunton Library provides volunteer support and raises funds that enhance the programming, technology and collections of the Staunton Public Library.
Become a Member
Membership is available at several levels. Membership forms are available at the circulation desks in the Library, or you can join online.
All memberships run January 1 through December 31. Fees are as follows:
- You may also make a donation in any amount of your choice.
Financial contributions are tax deductible and can be received by Library staff if clearly designated. Donations can also be mailed to:
Friends of the Staunton Library
1 Churchville Avenue
Staunton, Virginia 24401
Donated books in good condition are accepted at the first-floor circulation desk during Library hours and must meet donation guidelines to be accepted.
The Friends of the Staunton Library is a 501(c)(3) organization. All contributions are tax-deductible to the extent permitted by law.
The Friends of the Staunton Library host large book sales twice annually on the second floor of the Library, and ongoing sales from book carts near the circulation desks.
Book sales are significant fund raisers for the Library, and donated materials and volunteer help are appreciated for the sales.
- Upcoming Book Sale: Stay tuned for Fall 2018 Book Sale dates.
- Volunteer: To volunteer to help at a Book Sale, please call 540.332.3902.
- Sale Preview: You may join the Friends of the Library to be admitted to the Members’ Preview for the best selection.
- Weekend Specials: On Saturday, Book Sale shoppers can fill a bag with books for just $3 or $1 on Sunday afternoon. Teachers, students and non-profit organizations are eligible to get books free of charge from 1 to 4:30 p.m. on both Saturday and Sunday.
Board Meeting Minutes
The Friends of the Library meets each fall annually. Check back for 2018 meeting information.