Gypsy Hill Bark Park is located in Gypsy Hill Park, near the National Guard Armory, Action Skate Park and R.E. Lee Football Stadium.
- Separated enclosures for large dogs (over 30 lbs.) and small dogs (under 30 lbs.). Small dog area includes a sittin’ pretty table with ladder and a tunnel.
- Large dog area includes a sittin’ pretty table with ladder, a tunnel and a fire hydrant.
- Benches for human visitors
Gypsy Hill Bark Park Rules
For emergencies, dial 911. For all other communications, including maintenance issues, please call 540.332.3945. This recreational facility is open daily from sunrise to sunset. It is your responsibility to keep the facility safe and clean. The city does not supervise the facility or the use of it.
- This recreational facility is open daily from sunrise to sunset. It is your responsibility to keep the facility safe and clean. The city does not supervise the facility or the use of it.
- Children under 16 years of age may not use the facility unless accompanied and supervised at all times by an adult.
- No animals other than dogs are permitted.
- All dogs must be currently licensed and vaccinated, and property identified by tag. You are responsible for and assume all risks associated with the use of this facility and for the behavior of the dog. By using the facility, you understand and appreciate there are risks associated with dogs, including biting, and you accept those risks. The city of Staunton disclaims any responsibility for any injury to person or property as to use of the facility by you or the dog.
- The facility area may be patrolled by the Staunton Police Department, as it does other park areas. Rules may also be enforced by staff of the city’s Parks and Recreation Department.
- The facility is only for dogs to exercise and play off-leash in a fenced environment under active, continuous supervision of the person with the dog.
- Dogs less than 4 months old are not permitted.
- Female dogs in heat are not permitted.
- A dog must be immediately removed from the facility at the very first sign of any aggression.
- Only two (2) dogs per person are permitted in the facility at a time.
- It is your responsibility to secure all gates when entering and exiting the facility. Only one person with a dog or dogs should be in the entry area at a time.
- You must immediately clean up your dog’s droppings.
- Dogs under 30 pounds must use the small dog area. All dogs 30pounds or more must use the large dog area.
- It is your responsibility to prevent injuries by supervising the dog closely at all times. You are responsible for the dog’s behavior.
- Smoking, eating and glass containers are not permitted in the facility, training treats are allowed, but other pet foods are not.
- Persons who violate these rules may be banned by the city from future use of the facility.