COVID-19 Camp Staunton Registration Procedure
Due to Recreation offices being closed there are now only two ways to register for Camp Staunton:
1. Print off registration form located in the right-hand side gray information box on this page (or bottom of page if using a mobile device). Fill this form out and mail with payment and other required forms to the following address:
Attn: Debbie Gregory, Parks and Recreation
P.O. Box 58 Staunton, VA 24402
2. Print off registration form located in the right-hand side gray information box on this page (or bottom of page if using a mobile device). Fill this form out and bring with payment and other required forms and place in the mail slot at the recreation office in Montgomery Hall Park.
Irene Givens Admin. Building
1000 Montgomery Ave. Staunton, VA 24401
Instructions for Registration – this information is located on Page 5 in the Parent Guardian Handbook located in the right-hand side gray information box on this page.
- Completed Childcare Registration Form (including doctor’s phone number, two emergency contacts’ addresses and phone numbers AND be sure parent/guardian has signed all three (3) areas on the agreements page.)
- $10 registration fee per child (+ $50/week reservation fee IF weekly payment Option 3 is chosen).
- Physical record (can be obtained from school office or from child’s physician).
- Birth certificate
- Complete attached Medical Authorization Form - IF child is on extended medication for life threatening illnesses.
- If a child has participated in our HEART before/after-school program this year, the physical exam will not be required.
Camp Staunton, our reputable camp, offers mature and experienced staff, nature exploration, enrichment, physical activity and field trips. The Staunton Parks and Recreation Summer Playground program has been in operation for more than 30 years.
We take great care in the hiring process by only interviewing qualified and mature staff. Many of our employees have been with Staunton Parks and Recreation for more than 10 years.
Our park setting makes us unique from some of our counterparts who use institutional settings. We have acres of green space, state-of-the-art playgrounds, woods to hike, outdoor sport courts and fishing lakes. We value creativity and have researched the many ways play in the outdoors enhances creativity in children.
Your child will choose from many activities like archery, arts and crafts, pickleball, hiking, disc golf, and cooking. We take field trips to various fun and exciting places, such as Natural Bridge and Museums.
Does your child need exercise? Whether it is organized or unorganized play, there is no way around it. We play numerous recreational activities each day.
Age matters! We separate our three camps according to age, and field trips are customized to each age group.
2020 Program Fees
- 8 Weeks: $750 pre-paid
- Weekly rate: $100 weekly (with $50 pre-paid per each week chosen)
The Camp Staunton program is operating as a program exempt from licensure with basic health and safety requirements but has no direct oversight by the Department of Social Services