Let us do the driving. We plan and lead numerous trips to exciting events and destinations around the state and beyond.
Overnight Travel Policy
All trips are to be paid in full when signing up unless another specific option is available where a minimum of 50% deposit is required for each person. Once a payment is received from a patron they are considered to have an official spot on the trip if there is space available.
All patrons understand that there is a no refund policy in effect unless the Recreation Department decides to cancel a trip. It is at the Recreation Department’s discretion on the cancellation of trips and most will be done in a timely manner. In some extreme cases such as death or serious medical conditions a refund may be available to a patron of a trip minus any expenses the Recreation Department may incur.
Name changing fees may occur on trips involving plane flights. In cases regarding deposits, if the balance isn’t paid by the deadline, the patron may lose their full deposit and spot on the trip. Before a registration
form is complete, you will be required to sign (or check in lieu of signature) that you have read, understand and accept this addition to our registration process.
Program & Day Trip Refund Policy
- In the case of a cancellation by Parks and Recreation staff, the refund will be issued in the form of a check through the City’s Finance Department.
- Check will be mailed to the address on file. Please allow a minimum of 2-3 weeks for refunds by check.
- No refunds or credits will be given for any program or activity sessions missed by the participant.
- If adequate advance notice is provided, we will refund the full amount of the program less any non-recoverable expenses, as listed below. If there is a waiting list and we are able to fill your spot on a day-trip or in a program, you will receive a full refund.
- General Program or One-Day Trip: Full refund prior to the registration deadline, less any non-recoverable expenses (pre-paid meals, lodging, tickets, etc.)
- If adequate advance notice prior to the registration deadline is not given, and your space cannot be filled, all fees are forfeited.
Staunton Parks and Recreation values inclusion and strictly prohibits discrimination. Read our policy.