Jazz in the Park is a free summer concert series featuring a variety of jazz bands. Over the years, concerts have featured Grammy-award winning artists and musicians from all over the world, including Brazil, England, Germany, Iceland, Japan, Russia and Sweden.
2019 Summer Concert Schedule
Performances begin at 7 p.m. on Thursdays at the Gypsy Hill Park bandstand. Concerts are held rain or shine. Concessions available. Bring a lawn chair or blanket.
- July 11 — Just Jazzin’ Big Band, 17-piece big band featuring music from the heyday of swing
- July 18 — Butterbean Jazz Trio with vocalist Laura Ann Singh and special guest Curtis Mills
- July 25 — Dwight Spencer Quartet, guitarist featuring acclaimed drummer Jay Ware
- August 1 — Mill Street Ramblers, six-piece traditional authentic New Orleans Dixieland
- August 8 — Randy Johnston, guitarist with Hammond B-3 organ ace Jonah Kane-West
- August 15 — Boogie Kings, stride/boogie pianist William Hayes and his trio
- August 22 — David Bach Experience, 2016 Maryland music awards“Best Jazz Artist”
- August 29 — Matt Smiley Quartet, Colorado bassist Smiley and his innovative group
Jazz in the Park is not hosted or sponsored by the City of Staunton. The City grants permission to private groups, such as Jazz in the Park, to use the City's public parks to host events and does so annually for private organizers of various events. For more information about Jazz in the Park, contact Lew or Lisa Morrison at 540.337.6944.