COVID-19 Zoning Division Procedures
- Effective 5 p.m., Monday, March 23, 2020, the City of Staunton is closed to the public. To help our residents continue to do business with the city we have provided links below to pertinent information and/or new processes. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out.
Until further notice the regularly scheduled meetings of the Planning Commission are being conducted by Zoom and will be broadcasted on the city website and cable channel. The meeting is being held consistent with City Council Ordinance 2020-04 regarding continuity of government, a copy of which can be found online at: www.staunton.va.us/cogord2020-04.
The Planning Commission meetings are streamed live on the feed below when in session. If using Google Chrome, launch the audio player from here.
Participating in the Public Hearings and Matters from the Public during the May 21 Planning Commission Meeting
To participate in the Public Hearing and Matters from the Public portions of the Planning Commission meeting:
- Dial toll free number: 844.854.2222
- When prompted, enter the access code for the meeting: 619358#
- You will hear “Q&A session has started. To ask your question, please press *6”
- Press *6
- You will hear, “If you’d like to ask a question, please press 1 to add yourself to the queue”
- Press 1
- While you are in the queue, you will hear the audio feed of the meeting
- Wait until you are prompted by the moderator, then share your comments with the commission
- Participants are reminded that though the prerecorded prompts refer to questions, the Public Hearing and Matters from the Public portions of the meeting are a time for the commission simply to listen to your comments
Through 5:00 p.m. on Wednesday, May 20, 2020, the public may also communicate comments concerning the Public Hearing items to the Commission by (i) emailing the City Planner at email@example.com, or (ii) calling the Planning & Zoning Division at 540.332.3862. Voice mail messages are acceptable.
Planning & Zoning is responsible for the review and processing of residential and commercial development applications within the City, including re-zonings, special use permits, comprehensive plan amendments, zoning approvals, zoning appeals, and zoning variances.
- City Zoning Ordinance
- Home Occupation
- Fence & Wall Construction
- Keeping of Chickens in the City
- Planning & Zoning Applications
- Planning & Zoning Fees
- Subdivision Plat Fees
- Rezoning, Special Use Permit, Subdivision Plat Review Schedule
What's New in Planning & Zoning?
February 13, 2020: City Council adopted a site plan ordinance to identify what the minimum requirements are for plan submittals for proposed development projects. Coming Soon - Staff is currently working on checklists to add on the website for easier reference.