During the winter months, the City’s snow plow operators work tirelessly and with great care to make the roads safe for travelers.
Here are five things you need to know during a City snowstorm:
- We post updates regularly. Stay tuned to the City’s online Newsroom and our social media channels for updates on road conditions and other information.
- Stay off the roads if you can. Staying off the roads helps us do our jobs more efficiently and keeps you safe.
- Be patient. It takes time to remove significant snowfall from 275 lane miles of streets. City crews are working around the clock to help you get out as quickly as possible.
- Use proper shoveling techniques. To avoid having snow pushed back into your driveway by City plows, watch these shoveling tips to keep your driveway clear.
- Accidents can happen. No matter how careful snow plow operators are, snow and ice control operations may inadvertently cause property damage. Call us at 540.332.3892 to report damage.
Thank you for your patience and understanding during the winter season.