The City collects trash in residential areas one day a week. See the collection map to view the schedule for your area.
Trash should be placed at the curb no earlier than dusk the day before pickup and no later than 7 a.m. on the day of pickup. Emptied containers must be removed from the curb no later than 6 p.m. the day of pickup. Containers must be stored at the side or rear of homes or buildings.
- Holiday Trash Collection Schedule
- Heavy Trash Collection
- Hazardous Waste
- Leaf Collection
- Regional Landfill
- Downtown Central Business District
General Trash Regulations
- Weight: Trash bags and containers cannot exceed 60 pounds in weight.
- Trash Containers and Bags: All trash must be in metal or plastic containers that are in serviceable condition or bags at least 1.5 mils in thickness. Container tops should fit snugly. Bags must be tied shut.
- Brush and Bulky Items: Brush must be tied in bundles that are less than four feet in length and weigh less than 60 pounds. The City does not pick up furniture, appliances and other heavy trash items on a regular basis; however, it does provide Heavy Trash Collection annually in the spring.
The City will not pick up hazardous waste, tires and electronics, including:
- Car batteries
- Oil-based paint
- Old vehicles
- Building materials
- Televisions, computers and other electronics
For detailed information about trash collection regulations, see the City’s Solid Waste Policy.
Special Collection Fee
Failure to adhere to the City’s Solid Waste Policy could result in a Special Collection, which is an $82.50 minimum fee. A City crew will be sent to your residence to remove the trash and containers and take them to the landfill if they don’t meet pickup requirements.