City Council currently provides a variety of options to ensure easy and convenient access to Council meetings. Those options are explained below. If you have questions, please contact Clerk of Council Faith Simmons via email or by calling 540.332.3810.
If you want to listen in live during the meeting without making comments:
City Council meetings are streamed live on this feed when in session:
If using Google Chrome, launch the audio player from this link.
Meetings are also streamed on local cable channel 7. Please do not call in only to listen live. A telephone number is provided only for those individuals who wish to participate in public hearings or Matters from the Public.
If you wish to address Council during public hearings or Matters from the Public, you may do so in person or use the following procedure to participate by telephone:
Please do not call in only to listen live. A telephone number is provided only for those individuals who wish to participate in public hearings or Matters from the Public.
If you wish to address Council, you are encouraged to listen online or on cable channel 7 until Mayor Oakes (for public hearings) or City Manager Steve Rosenberg (for Matters from the Public) invite callers to join the meeting by using the following procedure:
- Dial toll free number: (844) 854-2222
- When prompted, enter the access code for the meeting: 619358#
- You will hear the automated word “Muted”
- At that point, you will have been added to the queue to share your comments with Council
- While you are in the queue, you will hear the real time audio feed of the meeting via your phone
- When you hear the automated word “Unmuted,” share your comments with Council
- Participants are reminded that public hearings and Matters from the Public portions of the meeting are a time for Council simply to listen to your comments
- While you are in the queue, mute the television, computer or other device on which you are listening to the meeting
If you want to listen to the meeting at a time that is convenient for you:
Previously recorded City Council meetings are available on the city’s YouTube Channel. Recorded audio of each meeting will be posted online within two weeks of the meeting.