Staunton City Council has begun the process of searching for a new city manager, following the announcement by current City Manager Steve Owen that he will retire June 30, 2019.
Download the position profile to learn more about the City of Staunton and the position. The City will accept applications at firstname.lastname@example.org through April 19, 2019.
Staunton City Council is utilizing the consulting services of Nancy Bowman, a local and experienced human
resources professional, to lead the recruitment and selection process. Bowman, who is retired, has 36 years of
experience in executive recruitment and human resource management.
She formerly served as the City’s director of human resources for 11 years and has in-depth knowledge of the City’s
organizational structure, operations, and intergovernmental agencies and relations. She will work with City Council to
advertise the position by the end of the month and guide the recruitment and selection process.
- March 27, 2019: City Council holds public forum to obtain input on expectations, qualifications and needs of the new City Manager
- April 1, 2019: Profile and ad developed and posted on job boards nationwide, statewide and regionally
- April 19, 2019: Application deadline
- April 20-30, 2019: Consultant reviews applications
- May 1-20, 2019: City Council reviews applications
- May 20-31, 2019: Most qualified applicants scheduled for interviews
- June 1-15, 2019: Top candidate identified, background and reference check conducted, and offer made
Citizen and media inquiries regarding the search and recruitment process should be addressed to Mayor Carolyn Dull at email@example.com or 540.332.3810.