The City provides more than 1,700 free and paid parking spaces in several downtown lots and parking garages and on-street.
- Free parking lots in the downtown area include the Firehouse Lot and Lewis Street Lot.
- Street parking along West Beverley Street, Byers Street, Central Avenue, Lewis Street, Market Street and New Street is free of charge for two hours.
- Diagonal parking on North Augusta Street is free all day.
- Parking in all city parking facilities and on-street is free on weekends and city holidays.
- The City offers reasonably priced downtown parking in two garages and several lots.
- All paid parking facilities are within walking distance of the train station, transit stops, downtown hotels and city shops and restaurants. Those who work and live downtown can purchase monthly parking passes or permits to park all day without hassle.
- Overnight, temporary parking is available in both garages and the Wharf Parking Lot. Garages and the Wharf Parking Lot are located approximately two blocks from the train station.
- Johnson Street Parking Garage: $1/hour or $6/day. Monthly parking pass, $30/month.*
- New Street Parking Garage: $1/hour or $6/day. Monthly parking pass, $30/month. (This garage is at capacity. Monthly passes and temporary parking are currently unavailable. Call 540.332.3812 to check on availability.)
- Wharf Parking Lot: $1/hour or $6/day. Monthly parking pass, $24/month.*
- Augusta Street Parking Lot: $1/hour or $6/day. Reserved parking $60/month. (There are no spaces available for rent at this time).
- Hardy Lot: $.50/hour or $5/day. Hang tag permits, $40/two months.
- RMA Lot: $.50/hour or $5/day. Hang tag permits, $40/two months.
- Frederick and New streets have metered, on-street parking at the cost of $.50/hour or $5/day.